Sunday, February 8, 2009

A fun day out and about ...

Yesterday was a fun day. I hopped on the C-Tran bus at Fishers Landing (just a short walk from the apartment) and changed to the MAX in Parkrose. The ride into Old Town Portland was relaxing and I enjoyed the sights while listening to the tunes on my MP3 player. I walked along the waterfront and then strolled up and down Front Street then headed west to 5th and back down Oak Street to Front. The air was cool but the sun was out and it was quite refreshing.





Just after noon I hopped the bus for Washington Square to celebrate a birthday for our friend Noak. I got there early and just wandered the mall for a while, enjoying the sights and sounds. We all met at the Newport Bay restaurant at 3:00 for an early dinner with lots of laughs and giggles. After dinner we went to see the movie He's Just Not That Into You which was not only funny but very insightful. There was a little something in it for everyone. Then Noak was kind enough to give me a ride home as the busses had stopped running from Parkrose to Vancouver by that time.

Special thanks to Suzanne for organizing the event and to everyone there who made it a special occasion.










Also:
There is some hopeful news on the situation with my nephew, DeJ. His mother is trying to buy a house in Oregon City for when he is released which might be in June. If she gets the house I will be moving in to get things set for DeJ when he arrives and to be there for him during his adjustment phase. Then I should be able to move on with my own life sometime in September.

No comments: