Monday, April 19, 2010

Springtime in the great Northwest ....

Rowena Crest, Tom McCall preserve

The Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest, Woodburn, OR

I love springtime in the great Northwest. Scenes of wildflowers and breathtaking vistas are all around and I plan to take in as many of them as I am able.
Saturday I spent up at Rowena Crest on the Tom McCall preserve (plateau). The wildflowers are just beginning their displays and I will be going back in the next few days to see if the Lupine are blooming. Sunday I spent most of the day at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest near Woodburn. It was one of the first days outside that I hadn't worn my cap, so my forehead got a little too much sun but that's okay as it will heal quickly. Later this week I hope to make a trip through Bend and the high desert plains near Wasco. It's a good time to be out and about.

No comments: