Friday, April 2, 2010

What a difference a day makes !!!!


It was actually 20 degrees last night in Gallup but I was "snug as a bug in a rug" and woke to a sunny morning. I had a good breakfast at El Rancho (Huevos Rancheros) and went outside to survey the sky 360 degrees. I had several directions I could go but decided on Chaco Canyon. I did have to backtrack a ways to the east but as I turned north the sky began to look threatening and I was about to turn back, but something kept pushing me toward Chaco. The wind picked up a bit and there were several times that there was a light snow fall.
The last 20 miles into Chaco was unpaved, sometimes rocky, sometimes washboard but it was worth it. I won't be able to post my photos on flickr until tomorrow but I have to say, in spite of the 37 degrees and windy conditions IT WAS A PICTURE PERFECT DAY !!!!! I spent a good deal of the afternoon there and still there is so much more to see. I will be back.



No comments: