Friday, June 25, 2010

Bike riding ...

Yesterday I dusted off my bicycle and threw it into the van. I drove to Boring to to take my first ride of the season on the Springwater Corridor. I made it to 122nd before I had to turn around and head back. That was about 24 miles round trip.
So this morning, with renewed vigor, I headed for Boring again. I started the ride at 10:00 and, despite detours, I made it to downtown PDX at about 12:20 I took a break for a bowl of soup and a tall iced tea and left there at about 1:30. Springwater Corridor comes all the way to the Willamette River at Oaks Park and then heads north along the waterfront. I rode north up to the Steele Bridge and crossed to the west side there. I took my time riding down the waterfront to the Salmon Street Fountain and took the same route back. It took a bit longer to get back to Boring but all in all it was a great trip and I'm glad that I did it. Total ride today 50 miles. MAP

I am now ready for the Bridge Pedal in August - that's just a little 42 miler.

No comments: