Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day one: Guadalajara

Guadalajara airport 9:00 am. I just barely made the flight but was fortunate enough to be seated next to Giovanni The Margarita King who is the founder of the beverage The Margarita King (a ready to drink margarita in a bottle). It was an absolute pleasure to spend a couple of hours with him, sharing stories and beliefs, understanding of the universe and how it works and so much more. His is a wonderful success story that was published in the book Starting From Scratch by Wes Moss. I look forward to keeping in touch with him as I make my way through this next phase in my life.

I arrived in Guadalajara about 2:00 pm and found a descent hotel. I then took a walk down to the Plaza de los Mariachi for a nice dinner of Pozole and a couple of Negra Modelos while being entertained by vocalists and dancers all in traditional dress. I walked several blocks around the area to get my bearings and made it back to the hotel before it got too dark.

2 comments:

D. Walls said...

Sounds like you are having a fantastic time Jim. Life is going good here too. Learning to dance and trying to keep my own pack light. Be well and know I love you. Enjoy.

Jeff Simpkins said...

So you flew there then did you? What happened to your van? And what are the odds that you would sit to that guy. I'd say the odds are pretty good knowing you and the fact that your current adventure is simply a matter of fate waiting to happen.

On another topic, your link to "Pozoli" seems to be the same link as the "Plaza de los Mariachi". Just FYI>