Thursday, January 2, 2014

Technology ....

I love technology.... when it works. In late September while I was visiting Oregon/Washington I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 tablet. A little 7" wonder that made my life so much easier. It worked wonderfully during my return trip home to Zihuatanejo but then at the end of November it quit. I tried the reset method in the manual to no success. Then I called the tech support at Samsung where we went through all the Q & A and then tried the reset again. Nothing. I was told to send the unit back to Samsung repair in Plano, TX and they provided and electronic shipping label for UPS. I printed out the label and went in search of and UPS shipping locations. The nearest location was in Acapulco which is about 150 miles/240 km and takes about 5 hours. Since the family was gathering for Christmas there I waited until we arrived on Dec 22 to get to the UPS office. Success. I have been tracking the package since then.
Dec 23 left Acapulco, MX
Dec 23 arrived Mexico City, MX
Dec 26 arrived Monterrey, MX
Dec 30 arrived Laredo, TX
Dec 31 arrived Austin, TX
Jan 2 arrived Mesquite, TX
and Jan 3 delivered to Samsung Repair Facility.
Just received an email from Samsung "Repair should be complete in 7 days".
Repair was finished in 7 days and shipped to Washington on schedule. I will have it in hand when I make my biannual visit in March. I can't believe how much I have missed that tablet.

No comments: