Monday, April 20, 2009

Back in Florida again ...

I left Boyd in Plano, Texas with his brother Eldon on the 17th and headed for Houston. The weather was foul! The rain and wind made driving difficult for everyone and impossible for others.
I made it as far as Huntsville before I had to stop for shelter at an RV Park where I spent the night.
The morning of the 18th was calm and slightly overcast and I made it to he prison to visit my nephew at 8 am. During the four hour visit the sky turned almost black and the wind kicked back up. I left there at about 1 pm heading for Florida and only made it 16 miles before I had to leave the highway for safety. The sky was so dark it felt like 8 pm.

I waited for two hours and caught another break and made another 50 miles or so before I had to pull off again. I was just outside of Beaumont, Texas when Boyd called and said that he and Eldon where there taking shelter from the storm so I joined them at the motel they were staying in. The morning of the 19th was just slightly overcast with very little wind and it stayed like that all the way to Florida. I drove straight through from Beaumont to Tavares where my sister-in-law lives (that's DeJ's mom). I got in just before midnight which was 16+ hours. When my head hit the pillow I was out like a light and slept 10 hours straight. We spent today, Monday, just catching up and sharing. Tomorrow we might go out on her husband's boat and try to catch a fish or just cruise the water ways.

No comments: