Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cheers !!

Today was a good day, not that all the others were anything else, but just a little "gooder" than the others. I found a new place to hang out called Cachacuaz. It is a health bar. It has a nice juice bar, a small swimming pool, lots of room in the sun or shade (whichever you prefer), and a masseuse.
This is a clean, healthy spot and the people are very nice. Some speak a little English and other speak only Spanish (or the Mexican equivalent of Spanish). I spent an hour or so getting to know the owner Ivone Armenta and the masseuse Carmen Munoz. I plan to take some of my friends there to enjoy a good healthy morning and see what they think of it. Imagine, a good health drink, a swim in the pool and a massage for under $40 US. I think I'm going to like this place. (Photos later).
Then, I made my way back to Zorros Spors Bar and found myself sitting next to a guy with a tattoo that said "Cheers" just like the logo from the sitcom. I asked him his name and he said "Norm, Norm Peterson and this is my wife Vera." I almost fell out of my chair laughing but it was half true. His name is Norm Peterson but his wife's name is Phyllis. I said "That's close enough for me. We had a nice time chatting and I look forward to seeing Norm and Vera again.
That is just a small part of the magic of Zihuatanejo, Mexico.

No comments: