Saturday, December 18, 2010

Little things mean a lot ...


Tonight I was hanging out at my favorite bar called Zoros Sport Bar. Ron, the owner, is Canadian and has become a good friend and advisor. Tonight, I was just hanging out with the rest of the local gringos and suddenly I was given a fresh beer that I did not request. I was told "it's on Ron". I looked over at Ron and he said "You are now in the club, cheers!" I don't know what I did or said but just the acknowledgement was worth more than I can say.

There are several guys who hang out at Zorros and we are all about the same age. The eldest of the group is David and I'm guessing that he is in his 70's. Today he was commenting on the group at the bar and he called everybody out by name until he got to me and called me "the young kid with the hat" which made me feel really special since I'm older than several members of the group.

Therefore, I would call this a real "red letter day". I feel privileged and honored. I have many friends in Zihuatanejo but I feel at home at Zorros.

1 comment:

D. Walls said...

Looks like you are having a fantastic time. :)