Sunday, September 16, 2012

Music and nature

When I first retired in 2008 my dream was to travel around the United States for a while to visit people and places and just experience the land we call North America. I did not enjoy the big cities with all the congestion but I did enjoy the distances in between. I remember some peaceful moments in the woodlands of Ontario, Canada as well as some time at the very end of Key West, Florida. But I found the most peaceful and restful locations to be in the southwest from Texas through New Mexico, Arizona and southern Utah. Most people would call it desolate or lonely but I found it beautiful and refreshing.
The point of this musing is that I was reminded of it all when I listened to this song by Marty Robbins. Maybe you have heard it before, maybe not, but I encourage you to enjoy a few moments of peace here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsPKrw_TJ2U



No comments: