Much has happened this last year. March 2021: The Nissan service manager was the one who told me that the van was beyond repair (not the mechanic). So I signed over the van to him and rented an SUV to get all my stuff home and started the search for a replacement vehicle. One month later I got a call from the mechanic saying that he had taken the van home and worked on it. He said it was roadworthy again and that I could have it for just what he had put into it IF I wanted it back (parts and labor) if not, he would keep it. Needless to say, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised. So I grabbed a flight to Sacramento and an Uber to Davis. The mechanic told me the electrical was just a burned-out module caused by a defective fuel injector. He worked the whole van over and did several other repairs too. I paid him and drove back home. The van drove so well and I was singing all the way back. June 2021: I took a 6,000-mile road trip and the van drove ...
Guadalajara airport 9:00 am. I just barely made the flight but was fortunate enough to be seated next to Giovanni The Margarita King who is the founder of the beverage The Margarita King (a ready to drink margarita in a bottle). It was an absolute pleasure to spend a couple of hours with him, sharing stories and beliefs, understanding of the universe and how it works and so much more. His is a wonderful success story that was published in the book Starting From Scratch by Wes Moss. I look forward to keeping in touch with him as I make my way through this next phase in my life. I arrived in Guadalajara about 2:00 pm and found a descent hotel. I then took a walk down to the Plaza de los Mariachi for a nice dinner of Pozole and a couple of Negra Modelos while being entertained by vocalists and dancers all in traditional dress. I walked several blocks around the area to get my bearings and made it back to the hotel before it got too dark.
For about a year now I have been staying with my sister, Bobbie, in northern Texas as she slowly fades away. She is just 87 years old but she has been in poor health for many years. Her husband, who was 90, died in April 2017 and she began her decline at that time. By July of 2017, I realized that she could not be at home on her own and would require round the clock assistance so I promised that I would be there for her as long as I was needed. Taking care of an invalid person requires more than one person so her youngest daughter Meg moved back home with her 8-year-old son and between us we have shared the duties of home care. The house where she and her husband lived her entire adult life is in Red Springs, Texas. Everywhere I look I see evidence of a life well-lived, a house where she raised four children of her own and raised three more who she adopted over the years. In every room, there are collectibles, photos, trophies, nick-nacks, and "what-nots". These things are c...
Comments