Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gulf Coast Beaches



I really do enjoy the Gulf Coast beaches much more than the Atlantic beaches. Today I was in Sarasota, Florida and started down at Siesta Key then made my way up to Lido Beach where I spent a good deal of my early childhood. The sand is not course like other beaches and is almost pure white. I love white sandy beaches. I spent a little time walking on the beach on Siesta Key but the sun was intense and the air temperature was 94 degrees. So I found a shady spot on Lido Beach and did a little people watching, read a bit in my current book, swam some and napped some. It was a good afternoon. As the day progressed a storm moved in from the east, slowly, and it gave me some time for a few sunset photos. It didn't start raining until I was well off the beach. It was a good day.

No comments: