Saturday, November 20, 2010

Centennial of the Mexican Revolution

Nov 20, 2010 is the Centennial of the Mexican Revolution. On this date, in the year 1910 the revolutionary war to overthrow the dictator Porfirio Díaz, began. And this morning the celebration began in Zihuatanejo. I had no idea how many people lived in and around Zihuat. But the parade that filled the streets and the people who were there to watch showed just a sample of that fact. There were thousands, literally thousands of children in the parade and it lasted for over 4 hours. I also had no idea how many schools there are around here. Primary, Secondary, Normal (their terms) as well as Professional schools of all kinds. It was interesting to me also, just how many people would smile at the camera and how many refused even when asked. It was just like anywhere else I guess. Here are just a few faces and scenes.

1 comment:

Jeff Simpkins said...

I love the mustachios on the little boys.