Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Life in SoCal ...



As I drove down into Los Angeles from the Mojave Desert on Monday I could see the forest fire ahead and to the east of the highway. That night we could see the glow of the fire against the night sky from Don's home in North Hollywood. Fortunately we are well out of harm's way.

I've been doing the "tourist thing" while visiting SoCal. Boyd and Don have been good tour guides and we have had some fine dining experiences. The air is still a bit hazy due to the forest fires nearby but all in all it's not too bad. Tonight I will take Boyd to the airport so he can get back to Portland and in the morning I will head to Santa Barbara for lunch with our friend Ginger. Then I will continue up 101/US 1 (as much as I can) to enjoy the California and Oregon coast line. I'm looking forward to seeing the Redwood Forest and the southern Oregon coast for the first time. I'm also looking forward to getting home to reorganize and spend some time with Jaimee and Kris before I decide what I will do next. There are so many options....

No comments: