Friday, October 17, 2008

Santa Barbara, CA

Saint Barbara, patron saint of Artillerymen

I arrived in Santa Barbara yesterday at noon and had lunch with our dear friend Ginger Swanson. We talked for a couple of hours and then made our way to the residence she is caretaking for her friends while she is working on her masters degree. Last night we went to her yoga class and by the end of the session I realized that I have slacked off and need to get back to my routine. I really enjoy both yoga and tai chi. Ginger has kindly invited me to stay in the guest room and I have freedom to walk through the grounds which are beutifully decorated with statues, gardens and even an ampetheater. Later today I will take in the beach and view the old mission. This is a lovely area and is know as America's Riviera.

No comments: