Thursday, October 2, 2008

On the road again ...

I got Old Silverback taken care of and I'm back on the road. Since there is a 3,000 foot difference between Sedona and Flagstaff, and the van doesn't like climbing to high elevations, I decided to leave Sedona for another time, and another vehicle. I was on my way to the Grand Canyon but the air is very hazy and clouds are moving in.

I by passed the canyon in favor of a visit to Kanab, UT where my father used to hang out. Once again, visiting a place that he loved, I understand why. It is a beautiful area, a small town and the folks are very friendly. I will probably hang around here for a couple of days as there are lots of great photo-ops. I will return to the area around the Grand Canyon and perhaps the air will have cleared in the next few days.

No comments: