Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Alpine to El Paso

I left Williams yesterday and headed to Sedona by the SW route. It was amazing coming into the Verde Valley from such a height but I did make it to Sedona. It was, unfortunately, not a good time to visit as there is a major road construction project going on and every time I tried to go somewhere I got caught up in it.
I decided to find a campground and was guided to one that was way up the valley toward Flagstaff. I chose a campsite that was away from most others and still near the outhouse. I was sitting outside the van reading and noticed it was getting cold and thought of going inside when a nice family invited me to join them by their campfire. I jumped at the opportunity and grabbed my chair to join them. Mom is Jamie (and it just so happens that her fathers name is James), son Keegan and daughter Bailey. They were so much fun to visit with and we talked for quite some time. They invited me to join them for breakfast (al la whatever) and in the morning we again had a fun time sharing each others company. They are a wonderful family and they made me feel right at home in a strange place. THANK YOU ALL.


And thank you Keegan for helping me with my redneck fire alarm :)



I went back through Sedona and was going to spend sometime in the art district but there was just no place to park and wound up back in the midst of the construction traffic. I just followed my nose from there and wound up heading south. I missed the turn to Monazuma's Castle so I just kept going toward Phoenix and then headed west until I got to Quartzsite where I am going to spend a couple of days before I head for Lake Havasu.

No comments: