Thursday, October 9, 2008

Welcome to Quartzsite - The Gathering Place ...

Timeing is everything and I'm about 2 weeks early. Quartzsite is mostly RV Parks that fill to overflowing with swapper, traders and collectors. This is where the Snowbirds gather around Nov 1st and the place is hopping all through the winter months. Right now, it's dead! Today the high temperature was 96 and right now it is 9 pm and 86 degrees. Thank goodness their is a nice breeze out of the south, southwest and it makes it bearable. Tomorrow I'm heading for Lake Havasu and they promise that the temps should be in the 80's.

I want to take a moment to talk about critters. From ants to scorpions, from flys to mosquitos. It seems that no matter where I have gone there have been critters to deal with. I got invaded by Brazillian ants in Florida and just now got rid of the last of them (they had made a home in the insulation lining of my cooler). Mosquitos in Canada and Florida drove me crazy. Scorpions and spiders from Texas to Arizona. Flys in Texas and New Mexico. However, I don't remember any problem critters in Kanab. Maybe it was just another timeing thing. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: