Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Auntie Ivy (89 years young)


When I was just a young boy my mother's older sister would come to visit with her husband Al. He was always Uncle Al but she was always my "Auntie Ivy" spoken with a little kids sing-song accent which I will not try to duplicate here in written form. I met my cousin John White at his home in Atlanta, GA and we then met Ivy and her friend/care-giver Margie for dinner at Longhorns Steakhouse. We had a wonderful dinner topped off by a huge dessert that all four of us shared and then went to Ivy's apartment to dig through her old albums for family photos. Tomorrow John has to work so it will be just Ivy, Margie and I working on family photos and genealogy. This was quite a surprise for Ivy and she was so very happy that I could be there. She said it was "The best birthday ever" and that made my trip all the more meaningful.

No comments: