Sunday, August 24, 2008

Washington D.C.




This trip to D.C. has been a very good one. I took a campsite at a National Park just north of D.C. for two nights. Saturday morning I walked the two miles to the Metro and caught the rail to downtown just 3 blocks east of the White House. I walked the mall from one end to the other and back. I took in the Smithsonian, American Indian Museum, Space and Aero Museum and the National Gallery of Art plus lots of other misc stuff. It was warm and humid but as you know I do well in that climate.


Now I am on my way to Virginia Beach. I've never been there but something is calling me and I need to answer.


BTW - would you believe that the Starbucks in D.C. don't have WiFi???? I was stunned. Luckily most of the Panera's do so I can still get connected.

No comments: