Friday, August 15, 2008

Made it to Orillia, Ontario, Canada

It was a long haul from Davenport Iowa. When I crossed the boarder at Flint, MI, I stopped at the Visitor Information Center and the advise was that I go directly into Toronto and then north to Orillia which is very close to Cooper's Falls. Unfortunately that put me smack in the midst of rush hour traffic, on a Friday to boot. It was a nightmare!!! Toronto is HUGE. At one point I counted 16 lanes of traffic ... all at a crawl. I thought Portland traffic was bad until I went to Seattle. I thoough Seattle traffic was bad until I went to LA. Now ... nothing beats Toronto as the worst of the worst.
So I am now at my campsite in the Hammock Harbour RV park. Lots of campers and lots of skeeters. Tomorrow I go looking around.

No comments: