Wednesday, August 13, 2008

ON THE ROAD AGAIN ...


I left Vancouver later than I had planned (about 5 pm) on Monday Aug 11th. My plan is to make 600 miles per day on my way to Ontario, Canada for the Cooper Family Reunion. It is being held in the town of Cooper's Falls which my great-grandfather Thomas Cooper settled back in the 1860's. My grandfather Frederick Francis Fox was born in the nearby berg of Lewisham in 1889. I want to walk where he walked and see what he saw (over 100 years later).

Today I crossed the continental divide and am now in Rawlins, WY and strill have 400 miles to go to reach my goal for the day. I'll start again right after lunch.
The photo is of my traveling companions; Ms Taguet, Lion, and Frog. I also had Ball but Ball broke loose and fell into the dash vent, never to be seen again but always to be heard.

1 comment:

Jeff Simpkins said...

You don't mean "earth ball" do you? The same one you selected from my stash of geocache balls? If so, I'll have to get you another one.

Then again, with "earth ball" stuck in your dashboard, you won't likely get the chance to "give" him to the first beautiful lady that sees him and absolutely has to have him. So I guess he's safe.

Happy trails.

Jeff