Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Visiting relatives along the way ...


On Saturday I made my way to Atlanta and met Margie and Mason at aunt Ivy's apartment at the care center for a final clean-up, move out, of the things that remained. Sunday we spent sorting those things that should go to family and things that would go to "donations". We spent the night in the apartment and finished Sunday morning.
I made my way through southern Georgia and into Florida, stopping at cousins homes to drop off those items I had promised to deliver and then made my way to visit Marc and Suzanne in Tavares, FL.
I slept very soundly and today is a "rest day". Tomorrow I will make my way to St. Petersburg, to visit the cemetery where my maternal grandparents were laid to rest. I need to document the location with photographs and GPS data as I have done with other family locations so they are available for genealogy research.

No comments: