Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dodging the bullet....

I woke to another beautiful morning in south Florida (just west of Hollywood). I found a "nice-enough" RV park for the night and slept well. I could have stayed another day in Key West if they had not thrown all of us "non residents" out. It was surely a case of premature evacuation I.M.H.O.
Today I plan to have lunch with my friends Ray and Michiele Eldon in Ft. Lauderdale. Then I will make my way to Titusville for a couple of days and hopefully meet some more friends as well as my cousin Eddie. From there I will head back to Atlanta for a couple of days rest at my cousin John's while we wait and see what Ike is going to do. I don't want to be driving to Texas through pouring rain and wind. Did I tell you that I miss work? NOT!!!!

1 comment:

Jeff Simpkins said...

What is I.M.H.O.? I guess I'll just look it up.

Glad to see you missed the storms. Though, in my humble opinion you really didn't need to leave. Oh vell.

BTW I gotta joke for you. What the Alphabetarian say to the man that cut him off while driving?

Go to L.

Jeff