Thursday, September 4, 2008

A nice change of pace ....


I left St James City at about 10 am and it was already sunny and very hot. I drove down Hwy 41 to stay off the freeways and it was a nice change of pace. As I headed down the Tamiami Highway (AKA: Alligator Alley) and as I made my way toward Holmstead the clouds started to thicken and the wind was up a bit. That was another nice change of pace. I am now in Key Largo at a State Park campground waiting to see what the weather will look like tomorrow. If it is at all fair I will make it to Key West and hopefully it will stay nice enough for a couple of days there.
A backward glance: As I passed through Sarasota I went by the house we lived in for a few years. It had not changed very much except that the screened porch is now walled in and the little palm that was in the planter out front is now a triple palm and over the top of the house. I also went by the grade school and Jr High I went to from the 3rd grade and into the 8th grade. It was fun to walk down (drive through) memory lane.

No comments: