Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Return to Atlanta ... "Where's the fire?"



No fire, just getting out of the way of hurricane Ike. I had a pleasant 3 day stay in Mims at the KOA and yesterday I took a nice long walk on the beach at Datona. There were very few people on the beach and it made for a very pleasant time. It was a bit breezy but that made for some nice wave acton and watching the birds just hang in the air with little or no effort reminded me of my current status.


I arrived back in Atlanta to stay with my cousin John for a couple of days. Tonight we will take Ivy to dinner so I can have another visit with her before I head north. My plan WAS to head for Houston to see my nephew this weekend (I can only visit on weekends) but because of Ike I will have to wait until the 20th or 21st. So I will continue my meandering path up to Kentucky and Tennessee before heading west to Missouri to continue my geneaology research.


(OK - the inside joke - Just imagine Rhett Butler driving the carriage through the streets of Atlanta at breakneck speed and being stopped by a Georgia State Policeman who asks "Ok pal, where's the fire?" ...... I thought it was funny ...)

No comments: