Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fishing and playing tourist ...

I spent Friday night with my nephew Ken and his life partner David. We had a wonderful visit. I finally got the okay on my visit to DeJ and was off and running Saturday morning from Elgin
(Leaving Elgin 7 am)
to just south of Houston. There was not as much damage in that area as I had expected but power was still out in many locations. It took quite a while to get checked in and we had a wonderful 4 hour visit. I left there and headed for Corpus Christi.

I arrived in CC last night at about 9:30 pm and Linda and Neal welcomed me to their home.
They have a beautiful house on the inland water and a wonderful view from their dock. We sat up talking until about midnight.

PS I just hit 10,000 miles on this trip.

This morning we took a nice drive around CC and the surrounding area. We went by the Lexingon and a replica of the NiƱa and enjoyed a beer at Shorty's which is advertised as the oldest and friendliest place on Fisherman's Warf. Shall I use the word "quaint"? Why not.



http://www.portasouthjetty.com/ROP/large/dining-ShortysPlace.htm

Tonight we are going to a Carlos Santana concert (we stopped at a drug store for earplugs).

No comments: