Saturday, September 13, 2008

North Louisana .... to Kentucky

I spent last night at a campground owned and operated by Ivy's friends. We had a nice visit and dinner out. The evening was very comfortable and perfect for a good night's rest. I woke to another beautiful morning and after breakfast and coffee I waved goodbye and started my next leg toward St. Louis, MO. The afternoon was sunny and very warm so I stopped early in Benton, Illinois at a KOA campground. I plan to hit the road early tomorrow as I have finally found what I believe to be a solid connection to my great-grandfather Edgar Walls.
I am very close to Carlisle, KY where he and his family lived in 1860. He was about 7 years old at the time and I believe that his father is buried in that area.
The search for my roots continues... Kunta Walls?

No comments: