Thursday, September 25, 2008

Texas is a big state ....


Austin, Texas; I had a very nice afternoon in Austin walking up and down the streets and around the capitol grounds. I even took a short guided tour inside the capitol building. I found the Texas State History Museum but decided to keep that for another day as it is a very large building.

Afterward I met with my old friend from my days in the Air Force, Jose Antu. We had dinner and caught up on what's been happening in our lives these last 39 years. Angie had prepared a delightful dessert for us and we spent the evening chatting away. I stayed the night in their guest room and hit the road early this morning.
I am now at an RV park just outside of Ft Stockton, TX. I am on my way to Alpine, TX where my dad ran a restaurant when I was about 5 years old and I remember it well. I understand that the building is still standing although it is now a store that sells cactus jelly.
From there I plan to head to Santa Fe, NM.

No comments: