Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Night ... and Mims the word




I am now at a nice KOA campground and after a long day of walking on the beaches and driving in the hot sun I was ready for a break. The pool here is reserved for adults between 9 and 10 pm so I took a late night dip. Fortunately I was the only one in the pool and that made it all the better. Peace and quiet under the palms and a quarter moon floating among a field of stars. Aaahh! Life is good. I plan to stay in the area for about 3 days.


Road note: I have seen the price of gas fluctuate from $4.17 down to $3.39. My last fillup was in Stuart, FL at $3.64.
I have also noted that most people in the US have little or no regard for the posted speed limit. It has not been uncommon for me to be passed by many cars doing between 80 and 90 mph. They don't even slow down in construction zones where it is posted that speeding fines are double.
(There was a very polite sign in West Palm beach that read "Enhanced fine zone").

No comments: