Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fishing and playing tourist ...





I had a wonderful stay with Neal and Linda and even got in some fishing. I didn't catch anything but as Neal said "If you caught something every time it would be called "catching" not "fishing".
I bid farewell this morning heading to San Antonio.

Happy second wedding anniversary to a wonderful couple, and a wonderful couple of friends.

I spent the afternoon enjoying the Alamo and the river front walk. This was my first visit to San Antonio since I was in the Air Force in 1966. Much has changed and mostly for the better I believe. The river walk is now wall to wall restaurants and shops but it is much safer than it was way back then(crime wise).



I am staying the night at an RV park on the south side of Austin and will go into the city tomorrow to play tourist again. I hope to be able to join my old friends Jose and Angie for dinner as I haven't seen them since I left Florida for Oregon.

No comments: